What does The Escarpment Project do?
The Escarpment Project creates a safe and sustainable habitat for the wildlife living on the Niagara Escarpment, a protected biosphere reserve, through remediation processes. Escarpment Project volunteers remove contaminants that can injure or kill plant and wildlife home to the escarpment. Over 100 of them are already on the endangered or at risk species lists.
Litter and garbage is also unsightly and doesn’t belong there.
The benefits of taking part in The Escarpment Project to humans is incredible!
The Escarpment Project actually helps fight mental/emotional disorders because being in nature, hiking and volunteering all fight depression, stress and mental fatigue. It’s like a hat trick for your health. From an emotional, psychological and physiological view point there is nothing better you can do naturally for the improvement of your own overall health and well being.
Immediately after volunteering people tell us that they feel a sense of pride, satisfaction, accomplishment and more connected or grounded. Volunteers get instant gratification because they can see the results so easily when they are done.
The City of Hamilton also directly benefits in several ways;
- The Escarpment Project brings people together from across Hamilton for a common goal, in the same place, on the same day and at the same time.
- The Escarpment Project builds and strengthens both micro and macro communities within Hamilton.
- It gives people a sense of pride for their communities and the for the city itself. It makes the city a cleaner and better place to live and play.
Why become a sponsor?
The success of our organization depends to a large extent upon the financial and product support of corporate sponsors. They in turn have gained and can benefit in some of the following ways:
- This is a unique marketing initiative that demonstrates to the people in your target market area that your company continues to have an interest in preserving the environment, and in maintaining one of Greater Hamilton’s unique appeals, namely the Escarpment and its waterfalls and trails.
- It demonstrates the willingness of sponsoring companies to give back to the community.
- Sponsorship companies share in the media attention this project has attracted in the past and will continue to enjoy in the future.
- Our many volunteers, who are now expected to number 1,000, will identify with your company as sharing a common environmental cause and become loyal fans of your company and its products and services.
The Escarpment Project is growing beyond its infancy as a small clean-up project and becoming a thriving organization. With this growth, comes additional responsibilities to the increasing number of volunteers who participate each year. We need to provide clean-up supplies, safety equipment, carry insurance and advertise our events. To raise the funds needed we have introduced a sponsorship program with various levels of sponsorship.
Through our various levels of sponsorship, businesses have the opportunity to promote themselves not only to the hundreds of volunteers who participate in the event, but to the general public as part of The Escarpment Project’s online and print advertising. We are proud to announce our growing list of corporate sponsors and community partners list.